Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Response Blog #4-Silver Lining

Recently, my classmate posted about her PR triumph working to help her friend's non-profit. I wanted to congratulate her and say how inspiring I think it is that she has stuck to her guns in the face of trying to find her next job in PR. I am new to the world of PR, though I know I've used the same skills in other professional capacities. It was nice to see someone else who was excited to be reminded of why we have decided to pursue this career. Her willingness to provide her services to a friend because she loves the work so much is an example of what people are looking for in life: a job you'd do for free because you love it so much. The best thing about it is, she probably learned something in the process, and that's worth it. She mentioned the book Here Comes Everybody and how it talks about the opportunities social media has provided for individuals to interact in a way never before possible. After getting through just half of Social Media I can see how this is opportunity is everywhere. Sabrina's experience shows the power we have to reach a large audience even if we are only working for ourselves. Great job and Congrats!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! You are so sweet! We still need to catch a show together :)

    ReplyDelete