Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Social Integration-Weekly Blog #7

I must admit, I am still one of those people who lives and dies by my Smartphone and text messages. I like the control it gives me to contact the person/people I am trying to reach immediately. Most of my friends and I work in places where we don’t have the luxury of checking our facebook pages throughout the day, no matter how sneaky we are and even with the phone app, it’s easy to get sidetracked by unimportant information. It’s much easier to sneak a peek at you phone during a break and send a message to friends. In fact, I’ve mass texted my blog address to friends as a new way for them to keep up with me.

In regards to my blog, I have a gadget inviting readers to share posts on Facebook and Twitter. I am still new to Tweeting but I really like the potential it has to instantly connect to others without using up texts. In the future, I can see myself tweeting links to my blog to my followers in addition to posting on Facebook. It seems that my Twitter followers grow more each day and I’m sure at least some of them would be interested in reading my blog too.

One of the cool things that Brightest Young Things does on their site is name a song of the day and provides an Mp3 of the song. They in turn, tweet a link to that page so that even if readers forget to check it out, there's another social media tool driving traffic there. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment