Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Response Blog #6-Here Comes the Sun

Recently my classmate posted on her blog Chameleon about the onset of spring and posted her fun experiences enjoying the warmer weather including her experiences at the Cherry Blossom Festival. Unfortunately, I couldn't take the weather and missed out on that. However, I am FINALLY starting to believe that I will not need my coat every night for the rest of my time here in DC. As I have stated many many times, I am from Texas. It is like 90 degrees there already and up until this week, I was rocking my sad gray wool coat. I will definitely be investing in a much more fun, cute coat for next year.

So now that the weather is warmer, I can't wait to see what DC has to offer in the way of outdoor dining, parks etc. I plan to check out the Georgetown waterfront this weekend and begin to come out of my hibernation. I also plan to see if there are any outdoor music venues to check out. This is still a music blog, after all. I'd also love any suggestions anyone can offer about what outdoor venues, restaurants and activities I should check out. Now that the semester is drawing to a close I plan to take advantage of some of my free time, while I've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment