Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The end is near...Weekly post #10

Image via theswollenfox.com
 
This is my last official post for my Social Media class and though I really had to struggle to squeeze in this last show, I'm glad I did. I decided on the Black Cat this week and a show featuring Jukebox the Ghost. This band is awesome. Obviously I picked them because of the strong catchy vocals, and a piano in the mix is always a favorite of mine. I won't try to compare them because that never fully get the point across, but if you check out last week's entry, you can hear a sample. Added bonus: the lead singer really resembles my fiance. I can't post a pic cause he'll kill me, but trust me.

The Black Cat is another very cool venue. I am no longer surprised by this because all of the word of mouth we've heard here has been correct, so far. Again, the sound was great and the opening band was talented as well, and worth a listen. They're called Wakey! Wakey!, which I think is a great name. They're based out of Brooklyn, NY.

This is the first time I've noticed a high number of underage fans in the crowd. There were lots of X's on hands, but it was OK because their enthusiasm was contagious and even though I didn't know the songs, I didn't have to feel self-conscious dorking out to the upbeat pop-y songs. Overall, a very fun night (except for the somewhat grumpy bartenders at the downstairs bar after the show). Just saying.

So that's a wrap. This has been more fun than I ever would've thought and I think it shows how important it is to choose a niche for your blog that you're passionate about. I love music and my next goal is to continue to post about fun shows I see and cool new music I hear. I also think it's a fun way for my friends to keep up with me besides going on Facebook. It's a little bit more work, but a great way to remember my experiences here in DC. So stay tuned, there's definitely more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment